Click here to donate to MacMillan Cancer Support

Friday 15 August 2014

Blogging interval

It was impossible to update the blog after Brendan Donnaghy departed the Stoney b in Galway, he took with him his little 3 Mifi device which gave us great internet coverage I would recommend this is a must for anyone considering long passages, that explains the lack of blog updates from then until I arrived home, plus the fact my nexus 7 got smashed in the Sligo storm.
I have been resting up for the last week now I will transfer my logbook notes to the blog.

Galway is a vibrant city and surely is the art capital of Ireland all types of people from all walks of life have ended up here exploring their hidden talents, not to forget its the birthplace of Stoney b (BRENNAN) the young man of 15 years from Loughrea who was hung for stealing a turnip at the height of the so called famine in 1845.
This is who my boat Stoney b is named after I have spent many years studying this time in Ireland's history the true facts are shocking.The nation has forgot this poor wee boy trying to feed his family,put his plaque back in Loughrea its a disgrace it was ever taken down.
Stoney b off the Arran Islands Inismor
Gallimh ABU

No comments:

Post a Comment