Click here to donate to MacMillan Cancer Support

Friday 27 June 2014

B&M bargain store SailforCancer day


B&M bargain store, Strand Road, Derry, proved its weight in gold as Emmet the manager gave me a couple of days collecting for Macmillan sailforcancer event. It took a while, but Emmet kept his word and proved he was a true gentleman, plus he donated a £20 gift voucher for the Ritz raffle.



An amazing £1313 was banked for MacMillan cancer support on 18th June from these last three events, the Ritz bar, cafe Mezzo and B&M.

Special thanks to John Bell and the Parts Garage on the Spencer Road for collecting two sponsor sheets, they have done everything they can to help me.

Things have come to a standstill on the fundraising front as I get my boat ready and try to get my head around all that has happened recently. I'm setting sail on Sunday around 12 midday.

I hope I'm doing the right thing and my health holds up. Thanks, Jennifer Hunter, for your out of the blue call from Switzerland it was lovely to chat to you. You cheered me up so much, its been 30 years since we've seen each other, my soulmate at Grogherty and Templemore. Please God we will meet up this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment