Click here to donate to MacMillan Cancer Support

Monday 2 June 2014

Health Update


Please God my health will let me complete this sail. I am still waiting to hear what they are going to do about the tumour on my kidney its a worry 63mm that's a tennis ball.

It has been 30 days now since the biopsy which has showed up malignant. I can feel it now if I lay down or sit rubbing against my spine, to be honest I'm frightened with this one, things are not looking good. Roger Lawson, the surgeon who would normally deal with this, has told me he cannot operate because the tumour has entwined around a main blood artery and there was too much risk that I could bleed to death.



Its hard to accept this is happening to me it was just a couple of months ago when I started organising this sail around Ireland that I thought I was rid of this terrible disease, little did I know  that I had major surgery ahead of me in the left side of my neck and a tumour was already growing inside me,I was aware of the pain at night mostly but thought it was a kidney infection as did my GP.

So I continue to wait and wait. I want to stay positive and am expecting good news every day, I ask John and Henry for help and my darling Grandmother Moira for guidance.
Your health is the only thing that matters in this world, I pray to my God for all the innocent children and elderly suffering with this terrible discease. I'm still here,
 I'm so grateful of that.



No comments:

Post a Comment