Click here to donate to MacMillan Cancer Support

Monday 12 May 2014

The grapes of Wrath

Joe McGaragle, James McElhome and myself,
all in great spirits passing through
Ward 8, Cancer Ward, Altnagelvin Hospital
It's all so day ja voo at the moment reality is setting in I'm in the same ward, with the same staff nurses as last time in 2011 just a bit greyer, and less green behind the ears. I had my biopsy today for the tumour on my kidney. What I had previously thought, in the months preceding, was a kidney infection, is a 63mm diameter tumour.
The biopsy was very painful they had to come in through my back They used  4 extension needles  and went in through my back at an angle I've never had pain like it before, the nurse said that the Doctor carrying this out Dr Reilly had hit a nerve. The first of my surgery will be tomorrow at 10am to get this tumour "wiped out" of my neck, as the consultant said. I know after this that I will be fit for nothing for a while. Depending on what they decide to do with my kidney, it could be pretty severe. I'm really looking forward to my sail around Ireland and I'm feeling fit otherwise. Sarah was round earlier and brought me some grapes. She has been a great support and has been keeping me updated on the Sail for Cancer, I'm missing my wee four legged friend.

You can donate to Macmillan using the justgiving.com website or via UK Text message below.



No comments:

Post a Comment