Click here to donate to MacMillan Cancer Support

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Every day is a blessing

Well we've made it as far as Howth marina, Dublin. I have returned home for a few days to rest and attend to some medical issues. There's a problem with the boat; the foresail roller reefing system has jammed up, making us unable to continue until this is resolved.
I hope to go down to get this sorted and continue south to Arklow in Wicklow ,Kilmore Quay, Youghal and Kinsale. Once we're in Kinsale we're almost half way - that's the next leg.
John Farrel's 60th what a night , Its hard to believe big John (second from right) is no longer with us and sadly Jill Marres (third from right) passed away on Sunday we travelled to Ballymoney today for the funeral. Its a frightening ratio 6 survivors out of the original 13 who attended the cancer centre in March of 2011 may they all rest in eternal peace.
Going around the south west tip of Cork into Bantry Bay, then on to Dingle - we're over half way at this point, there's no turning back now.

I've travelled extensively to every county in Ireland. I'm fascinated by its old fairs and culture from Ballycastle to Ballinasloe from Killreakle to Killorgan. Now I get a chance to sail around its coast, I can't wait to sail up around Donegal, my jewel in the crown. Past Slieve League, around Bloody Foreland to the home run, please god my health will hold up.
Approaching Howth Tobin's anxious to get on land


No comments:

Post a Comment